Medical University of South Carolina
Palmetto Health Richland
Dr. Crumpler moved to Greenville in 1986 after residency and joined Greenville Emergency Medicine P.A., which provided Emergency Services at Greenville Memorial Hospital at that time. After several years, he formed Carolina Emergency Medicine P.A. with 11 other partners to provide Emergency Services at Prisma Health for over 20 years. He has enjoyed being part of the development of Emergency Medicine in Greenville for over 25 years. During that time he has held multiple positions within the system:
– Board of Directors, Carolina Emergency Medicine P.A.
– Associate Clinical Professor MUSC
– Deputy Medical Examiner Greenville County
– Associate Medical Director Pediatric Emergency Department
– Associate Director Department of Emergency Medicine
– Medical Director Adult Services, Dept of Emergency Medicine
– Chairman Department of Emergency Medicine
His special interests include Wilderness Medicine as a member of the Wilderness Medical Society.
He is married to Marie Crumpler, a successful realtor here in town, and they have two sons: Matt, who is an anesthesiologist here in Greenville, and Jason who is also an Emergency Physician.
In his free time Dr. Crumpler enjoys golf, backpacking, running, mountain biking, paddling, spending time at the beach or lake and doing anything outdoors.